ALUMINIUM BI-FOLDING DOORS
Currently the glazing industry’s ‘must have’ product, bi-folding doors provide the ‘wow factor’ to any home. Aluminium genuinely is the material of the moment. It is strong, light, stable and it will not rust, warp or rot. From an environmental point of view, it has a lot to commend it. It can be recycled repeatedly, with no degradation or loss of physical properties.
Bringing together internal and external environments is a trend that has seen the development of a wide range of products that enable the opening of large expanses of a building. Depending on the precise needs of the client, architects can now incorporate bi-fold doors or sliding doors that have been rigorously tested to ensure quality and functionality in most buildings.
The flexibility that these innovative systems offer in combining indoor and outdoor life enables building occupants to live their lives the way they choose. Our folding door systems combine the strength and lightweight properties of aluminium with form and function of the highest standard. These innovative sliding and folding door systems are certified under the ‘Secured by Design’ scheme for security and exceed severe exposure categories for weather tightness.
Much of the design ingenuity expressed in the bi-fold door systems relates to the level of thermal performance achieved with narrow frame profiles. Secure Trade use the AluK door system which allows for a larger glazed area which, in turn, allows for more light without sacrificing thermal performance or weather tightness. Flexibility is a further feature of our aluminium bi-fold doors and this flexibility enables specifiers, designers and architects to realise their vision without the need for revision or adaptation due to an inflexible design. This folding sliding door system is highly versatile and configurable giving you maximum control over the style and operation of the doors. Multiple panels can be added with open in or open out door options to accommodate the design specifications of the building. Unique, flush line pop-out handles allow for square stacking panels when the folding doors are in the open position so that the space is not obstructed any more than is necessary and four solid stainless steel wheels will ensure years of faultless operation. Form and functionality have been balanced in the design of these folding doors and they can be finished in a range of anodised or polythene powder coat dual aspect colours that can complement many external styles.
AluK BSF70 folding aluminium doors are highly secure and have been certified under the ‘Secured by Design’ scheme to give peace of mind. Security has not been compromised in the quest for accessibility and the low threshold option makes it possible to achieve DDA and Part M compliance.
- Internally beaded with a soft line or square detail to all external doors and panels
- Chamfered and square bead options
- Four stainless steel wheels ensures smooth and consistent operation
- Unique, flush line pop-out handle that allows maximum door opening and square stacking panels
- Low threshold option which can be configured to achieve DDA and Part M compliance
- Certified under ‘Secured by Design’ scheme
- Doors and panels can be used in a variety of configurations, style and design
- All configurations are available in both open-in and open-out options
- Full range of bespoke hardware available
- Glazing sizing range of 28mm – 44mm (triple glazed)
- Available in single or dual colour option, polyester powder coating and anodised finishes
Warmcore Bi-folding Doors
WarmCore is an innovative aluminium folding sliding door system which incorporates a radically different product design to deliver a new high performance high-end product ‘warm aluminium’.
Otherwise known as a uPVC thermal core this revolutionary new system outperforms standard aluminium polyamide thermal break products by upto 25%.
Durability, slim sight lines and exceptional insulation are just three of the WarmCore doors key benefits, making it clear to see why the doors are suitable for homes, cafes and restaurants alike.
- Innovative and unique design for enhanced thermal performance 25% more efficient than traditional aluminium systems
- Designed with tightening of future building regulations in mind
- U value of 1.5 (as low as 1.0 with triple glazing)
- Can be manufactured upto 6 metres in width and with upto 7 sliding door sashes
- Doors can be stacked on the inside or the outside for convenience
- Long lifespan and recyclable – healthier for the environment
- PAS24 and Secure by Design accredited – thanks to integral dog-bolts, rigidity, overall enhanced security
- 10-year security guarantee